Job Opportunity at FRA – Program Assistant Food Governance
Job Title: Program Assistant Food Governance
Reports to: Program Officer Food Governance
Direct Reporteees: Interns, Volunteers
Supporting the implementation and reporting of activities under the Food Governance and Justice programme. You will work closely with the Program officer Food Governance, Head of programmes, Head of Systems, the Executive Director and other staff and alliance members. This will be achieved by reviewing and understanding broadly the organization frameworks and specifically the programme in line with the organizational strategic plan, project grant agreements, the general context surrounding the food governance terrain in the country and globally to ensure that you legally support the organization and the programme is implemented with compliance
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibility 1: Support in planning and implementation of the programme activities under Food Governance, within the agreed plans, budgets, time frame and donor guidelines in line with the FRA Strategic Plan and all Governance and Administrative Procedures;
- Support the Implementation of all programme activities the Food Governance
- Undertake all programme activities agreed upon by the programme team on schedule and where flexibilities are technically required, adequately communicate and seek approvals relevant parties on time members.
- Support the organization of all programme participants and stakeholders (government officials at the district level, Sub county level, village leaders, CSOs, private sector, members of loose coalitions, community members to form a community of Practice on food justice by ensuring understanding of the laws, policies, regulations guidelines and procedures for competence and compliance.
Responsibility 2: Supporting Documentation and communication in the context of Food governance
- Support production and dissemination of FRA publications including, documentaries, posters, magazines, e-newsletter, reports and other relevant documents to all FRA stakeholders.
- Technically support FRA Communication officer and members in underatking communication related programme activities in a food justice
- Support in the drafting of press releases and organize media briefings around pertinent issues as well as prepare talking points and/for speeches in the context of Food justice.
- Gather case studies and take photos for marketing, communication and other purposes as required by FRA, donors and partners.
- Develop content for various FRA communication channels focusing on FRA initiatives onFood Governance and Food Justice
Responsibility 3: To support programme development and implementation
- Participate in programme development activities like contextual analysis, review of studies and/or brain storming sessions when called upon.
- Respect, uphold, and actively support the broader FRA organizational development initiatives and that of member organizations.
- Support actual programme development like writing some sections of a proposal and doing budget as part of your personal career development.
Responsibility 4: Advocacy, Representation, networking and partnerships
- Represent FRA and its interests in; Meetings, workshops, write shops, Campaigns, field visits, networks and media in the country/region/internationally and contribute towards consolidating and raising the profile of FRA.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and government authorities to enhance collaboration and networking
- Actively participate in FRA thematic committee meetings and events and ensure that thematic activities inform FRA programmes.
- Represent FRA and its interests in dealing with government, international and local organizations, networks and media in the country/region and contribute towards consolidating and raising the profile of the network.
Other Key Responsibilities:
In addition to individual respective tasks, all FRA employees are expected;
- To adhere to our organizational values and to actively promote their application amongst colleagues.
- To undertake tasks in a creative, self-driven and innovative manner.
- To identify and implement additional tasks/ ideas of benefit to the organization (whether directly linked to one’s job or not).
- Establish and develop effective working relationship with entire FRA staff, Volunteers, Interns, Member organization staff, Government staff to ensure team work and integration.
- Participate in team decision making process including but not limited to, planning and review meetings, staff meetings and events.
- Adhere to all FRA organizational policies.
- University degree qualification in Law, Agriculture or Rural Development
- Must possess excellent organizational, representation, negotiation skills and diplomacy.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, with related technical functions
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills, including drafting documents
- A team player with good interpersonal, team building and representational skills
- Willingness to undertake additional responsibilities and initiative is critical
- A valid driving license preferably with skills in operating manual vehicles
- Minimum 1 years’ experience practical work experience as a Project Officer preferably within the NGO/UN/Government system
- Experience in working with Policy advocacy CSOs as Project/ Programme Assistant
- Experience in working with large and diverse teams
Desired: Experience with FRA or any other NGO similar works
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated self drive and integrity
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal communication and team work
- Result oriented
- Planning and Decision making
- Creativity and Innovation
- Influence, Advocacy and Networking
- Change management
Statement of Safe Guarding
According to Food Rights Alliance organisational value of accountability, it is our policy to safeguard all individuals involved in Food Rights Alliance work against risks of exploitation and abuse. Food Rights Alliance will not tolerate exploitative or abusive behaviors by anyone associated with the implementation of Food Rights Alliance work.
How to Apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with the title “Application for Program Assistant Food Governance” by 3rd March 2020 5.00pm