Strategic Objective: To influence policy and practice at different levels towards the realization of the right the right to food.
Under this strategic component, the alliance will address its core business. It will develop its advocacy strategy and advocacy agenda on issues that affect the realization of the right to food that it will work on in the next five years. The following strategies are proposed:
- Promoting policy engagements, dialogues and debates on issues related to agriculture, food security, nutrition and ending hunger (as defined by the Thematic Groups – see later section)
- Leading / coordinating advocacy campaigns on issues
- Serving as civil society representative on consultative bodies
- Building and strengthening strategic partnerships and alliances with other like-minded individuals, organizations, policy makers, and media for collective action synergy
- Developing sub regional and lower local level advocacy platforms