Volunteer Opportunities with FRA
Food Rights Alliance has a number of volunteer opportunities to offer. We invite people of all fields to participate in the struggle of ending hunger with all its variations and contribute to a World free from Hunger and Malnutrition from a human rights perspective for all in areas we operate. We open this invitation to people who have the desire to be of service with FRA to our beneficiaries (State and Non State).
Our volunteer program offers a wide range of experiences from unique strategic interactions and career enriching cross-field encounters to work experience rarely available in the outside world of work.
The purpose of recruiting volunteers at FRA is to provide technical support to our staff members and to give additional attention to our interventions. Volunteers have an opportunity to share their talent, knowledge, bring on board fresh ideas and perspectives that help meet the challenges of daily operations.
Responsibility: Working as a team member in FRA
- Support project development including resource mobilisation and proposal development
- Participate in policy analysis and designing of policy advocacy campaigns
- Support documentation of FRA’s work through development of publications, reports and blog posts
- Support conceptualisation, development and implementation of project activities
- Provide administrative support to project teams
- Undertake any other activities as assigned
Graduate qualification in the fields of: Law, Agriculture or Rural Development, Environment and Natural Resources, Food and Nutrition, Public policy, Economics, Social Sciences, Community Development, Education or any other related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in drafting documents
- Excellent computer skills including use of Word and Excel
- Ability to establish good working relationships with entire FRA staff, Volunteers, Interns, Member organization staff, Government staff to ensure team work and integration.
- Ability to work independently and as a team with line managers
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both spoken and written
- Must possess excellent organizational, representation, negotiation skills and diplomacy
- A team player with good interpersonal, team building and representational skills
- Willingness to undertake additional responsibilities and initiative is critical
Other Skills and Competencies
- Proven self-drive and integrity
- Leadership skills
- Influence, Advocacy and Networking
- Result oriented
- Planning and Decision making
- Creativity and Innovation
- A strong work ethic
- Flexibility, realism
- Change management
- Multimedia and e-communication skill
Statement of Safe Guarding
According to Food Rights Alliance organisational value of accountability, it is our policy to safeguard all individuals involved in Food Rights Alliance work against risks of exploitation and abuse. Food Rights Alliance will not tolerate exploitative or abusive behaviors by anyone associated with the implementation of Food Rights Alliance work.
How to Apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with the title “Application for Volunteer Opportunity with FRA”.